Saturday, January 30, 2010

Addiction!

Hello. My name is Hildi and I'm an addict. I have been an addict for about six years now. It has progressively taken over my life. I have begun to put myself in danger by scoring at such places as the "downtown" library and Half Priced Books! Of course I go in disguise so that no one will recognize me, but I know I am courting scandal should this happen. As of today I have gone through eight books in two weeks, not including Desperation, by Stephen King.
The laundry needs folding, the kitchen needs mopping and really I could use a little fresh air. So, followers and family and Gert, I shall make you a promise. From this moment on; I will not read more than half a book a day[no more than 200 pages], I will take care of my responsibilities first, and I will put said book down at four o'clock every day. My new motto is; Live and love outside the pages!
You know, I really do think I have a slightly addictive personality. Years ago it was an illegal substance, then it was spirits{the liquid kind}, going out, and now reading. Why, oh why, can't it be something productive like cleaning or working? Heck I'd even take exercising. Or not! Ah well, such is life. No I'm not going to mention the smokes, Gert. They don't interfere at all with my reading. I mean life.
By the way. If you tell naughty things on me I will be forced to return the favor. Don't forget the time you told our parents I bit you on the butt and all I really did was poke you with my chap-stick! Or how about the time you punched me really hard in the tummy while we were brushing our teeth, and I nearly choked on tooth-paste! Oh yes sister-dear, I will spill it all. Mooohaha!


Love and getting clean, HIldi!

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I remeber our tales differently, too. Of course, my version is ALWAYS the correct one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened, I used to read all the time. Somewhere in life, I just stopped. Then came the internet and life hasn't been the same since.
    Good luck on slowing down your addiction.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your two cents worth~