Saturday, September 25, 2010

Healthy "drinking"

Vodka & grapefruit juice? Why that almost sounds healthy for you! As does my preference for vodka and tomato juice. I mean any drink with juice in it can't be that bad, right? Sometimes I even eat the celery that comes with mine. That's like two vegetable servings in one drink. Kudos to me!

Actually, I've seen the results of the breathing machine and they have had a most miraculous effect on your mother. She was awake, reasonably coherent and pleasant to be around. I hope you were sitting down for that! Maybe that quack they call a doctor had the right of it this time. The CPAP machine seems to have made a huge difference for her. Wouldn't it be great to have our mother back?? I mean the one that did crazy (but fun) things with us, like hiking to the library in a snowstorm/blackout so we could get books by flashlight. I've been missing that woman for a long time. And while the hope that someone close to that returns to us is still fragile, it's there. We shall see.

So by this time next week...I will be at your house and we will have survived a Friday night football game at Valley View. I love high school football games! And does yours have a mouth watering array of food? Ours always had tacos in a bag, ribeye sandwiches and the cheerleaders did those fried donuts. You can hear your arteries screaming as you eat them, but the roar of the crowd usually drowns them out.

Well, I've got articles to write and a nap to take, a very very good book to read and finishing an editing project. So I will bid you adieu for now. Speaking of books...you should probably get on doing a review on Booknotes. ;]

Chaos & family,
Gert♥

1 comment:

  1. So maybe you just might actually have a decent time hanging out with the folks..Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your two cents worth~