Monday, September 20, 2010

Maybe we're adopted...

Oh dear Hildi! In a little over a week, I'll be at your house! Woot! Let's here it for Friday night football games and haunted houses! I can't wait. But first I have to get through the rest of this very busy week, a smooshie boobie xray, and the 5 hour drive with your parents. Which brings me to the point of this missive.

What the hell is wrong with her?? And how do we make it different? How on earth do you get to that point and be comfortable with it? How do you manage to become so disagreeable that no one wants to be around you anymore and not want to change?? How can TV viewing become the focus of your life? And why the hell don't they just get Dish Network and a freaking DVR?? There are days when I seriously worry about the genetic code that was donated to my DNA. Do you think it's catching? Are we inevitably going to wind up there some day? Please tell me that by the marvels of modern medical science we are not destined to go down that road. Though I know if I did, my kids would put me in a home so fast my head would spin. And I applaud them for it.

Whatever. I shall endeavor to be pleasant and take the high road. It will probably cause me to bite right through my tongue while holding back, but I shall persevere nonetheless.

You better have some stiff drinks on hand just in case though. I can endure almost anything with enough vodka on hand.

Cocktails & thinly veiled insults,
Gert♥

1 comment:

  1. Genetics had better not be the defining factor! I sooooo don't want to be like my birth mother! She is freakin crazy and certified!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your two cents worth~