Sunday, February 7, 2010

So says you...

I'm pretty sure my memories are more accurate. But we'll agree to disagree for now. I know poor little Pru was sick on Monday. And then Patience on Tuesday right? School phone call is what ended our chat, yes? I used to feel so bad when I had to pick one up from school sick. Like I should've known they were sick that morning and kept them home. The things we come up with to make ourselves feel guilty! As though motherhood doesn't involve enough guilt.

I'm so ready for vacation and then not ready for it. I seem to have caught the February "blahs". I just seem to be having trouble getting my act together. Part of it is the medicine seeming to lose it's effect and my health going downhill because of it. Some of it is just pure "blah". Right now, I should be packing for the trip and yet I can't get motivated. Which means tomorrow I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off before hopping in the car for a 16 hour jaunt with two teenagers. Oh my word! Look at what I've just said...truly, I think I've lost my mind. And if I haven't, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the next 48 hours it will fly the coop. At least if I make it to Myrtle sanity intact, I'll have a week to rejuvenate. That is if I can stop obsessing about all the things I should be doing back home.

If nothing else, there will be some delicious seafood to eat. And some sun to soak up. And did someone say shopping??! Now where did I put that checkbook...

Insane & (almost) on the road,
♥Gert

PS- see you in sunny South Carolina! Last one there is a rotten egg! Oh wait...that's going to be you. Haha! I win! =]

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are in the middle of your lovely vacation, just wanted to wish you a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your two cents worth~