Friday, September 18, 2009

Unwanted visitors...

Yes, I am aware of your "upstairs people"! Having stayed at your house and experienced their noises for myself, I'm a total believer. And they do indeed listen. That's the funny part. I remember one night I was sleeping in Patience's room alone when I was awakened by the sound of people moving around on the other side of the closet wall. Of course...it's an outside wall so obviously there's no one on the other side. Being quite cranky when I get woke up in the middle of the night I testily said "Would you stop that racket?! Honestly, I'm trying to sleep!" and much to my surprise and pleasure, the noises stopped. Maybe you should call in Jason & Grant.

I had an unwanted visitor yesterday:



I went down to the basement to get something from the deep freeze. I noted that the boy's room was a disaster (how unusual) and peeked into my laundry room. This guy was on the floor in there. Now, as you know, even though I've lived in the country for the past 8 years and have learned to tolerate snakes...they still frighten me and I darn sure do not want them in my house. So I screamed. At the top of my lungs. And Lulu came running down the stairs. She then proceeded to laugh at me. No, she's not only not afraid of snakes, she kinda likes them. So I went to the basement door and she proceeded to pick this guy up. At her holler, I threw open the basement door and hid my eyes. She took him out to the grass. Whew. Safe.

I'd rather have ghosts.
♥Gert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~