Friday, October 16, 2009

And that's the last time we let him watch a scary movie before bed!

So Hildi, I'm taking your turn again. I know you've had your hands full with Prudence being sick and cheer clinic and all. But I have a funny story to tell...

So the other night, Tuesday to be exact, the kids and I rented movies and of course us being us, and it being October we rented scary movies. And we decided to watch Trick or Treat first. It was okay. Not tremendously scary. A few jumps. A decent storyline and very watchable. There was this little pumpkin headed demon child that ran around in orange footie-pajamas with a piece of burlap tied around it's head like a sack and a face drawn on it. His name was Sam. He was an evil little guy.

Well, as a rule, Larry doesn't join us in the family room because he says the couch is uncomfortable and there's just the one so we're all kind of piled on top of each other or someone stretches out on the floor. And he can take or leave scary movies. Plus Tuesday is the one night he actually has a show on that he tries to keep up with. But after his show he joined us. The movie was about half way through so I caught him up to speed. We finished the show and Jethro headed down to the Batcave. Larry said he was going to bed. How the man manages to go to bed and fall asleep with the light on and the door open in our house never ceases to amaze me. But he does it. Well Lulu and Oscar and I stayed up talking for awhile and then Oscar headed downstairs to his room and Lulu to hers.

I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Now of course the master bath is right off the master bedroom. The bathroom door is like 3 feet from where Larry is laying. When I went to flush the toilet, it started to fill up instead of going down. I threw open the door to ask Larry to get the plunger when the water actually overflowed!! Now this has never happened to me before and since the bathroom is carpeted, I start going "sh*t, sh*t, sh*t" quite loudly!!

Larry wakes up...and jumps out of bed into full defense stance. Now, mind you, he was a wrestler so it's a wrestler's stance. Feet firmly planted shoulders width apart...knees slightly bent...arms out and rounded...looking around going "What? Where is he?!" The poor man is half awake and his eyes are completely bloodshot. And his underwear is hanging in a precariously saggy manner. I start laughing hysterically. "What are you going to save me from?! The toilet??" Lulu is of course, also laughing in her room. "Maybe he thought Sam was after you! You shouldn't let Daddy watch scary movies anymore!" By this time, he's straightened from attack stance, hitched up the baggy undies and is staring at me blearily. By now, I've run to the hall bath, grabbed towels and searched frantically for the plunger.

Me: "Where the hell is the plunger?"(in a not nice manner because I'm pissed about the toilet).

Him: In the hall bathroom?

Me: um. no. been there.

So he stumbles off. About ten minutes later he's back plunger in hand. "It was downstairs." I send him back to bed and he's instantly asleep. If he ever really fully woke up. I plunge the toilet, avert the crisis and soak up the water.

The next morning I'm describing the scene to Jethro, complete with my interpretation of his Dad's stance. He says "ah. that explains it. I was laying in bed when I heard thump thump thumpitythumpitythumpitythump. Thump thump thump. Flick. Then thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump. That's dad starting down the stairs, falling, then going back up the stairs, flicking on the light switch and coming down. Oscar and I were rolling." Poor guy. No more horror flicks before bed. But at least I know he's ready to take on all evil-doers, toilets too.


plungers and demon children,
♥Gert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~