Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No time!

So apologize I must, but I have to hurry and shower to get ready to go to springfield! So no "Gert's Twitter Experiment" update today. In fact, I borrowed this post from my Facebook. I did this last week. So for those of you who already read it there...sorry! But also in posting it here...maybe Hildi will finally fill one out for herself!

So lately there is alot going on. There seems to be something (or someone) new to worry about every day. And while I know that worry is counterproductive and a waste of energy, sometimes it's hard to shut it off. So that has led me to some deep pondering. And here is what I've come up with:



List 5 things you're good at:

1. Cooking. I'm a freakin awesome cook. Ask anyone.
2. Answering questions. I may not know the right answer but I will make up some amazing bullshit. And you will quite possibly believe it. This is not the same as lying because I don't do it about important stuff.
3. Making people feel good about themselves. (which makes me feel good about me)
4. Finding things to be happy about. Even if they're miniscule.
5. Cuddling. Yep. I'm a pro.



List 5 things you are not good at:

1. Pool. Seriously, I suck. You do not want me on your team.
2. Lying. I'm horrible at it. It makes my stomach hurt. And everyone can see right through it.
3. Telling people "no". Really, I have a hard time saying "no" about anything. But I'm working on it.
4. Staying angry. I cannot hold a grudge. It's just not in me. I always forgive.
5. Doing more then two things at once. Seriously, I cannot multitask anymore. My concentration is shot.

List five quirks or eccentricities:

1. I read magazines from back to front. Always. I firmly believe they put the good shit at the end.
2. I'm addicted to reality tv. Like "Rock of Love" & "Charm School". It makes me feel glad to be me.
3. I have always wanted to dye my hair purple. Seriously. And if it turns out I have to have chemo I'm so going to do this. Because it won't matter...it's going to fall out anyways.
4. I only wear silver jewelry. I don't like gold. I don't know why.
5. I have to set things on odd numbers. Like the thermostat or cruise control. I don't like even numbers.

List five things you're afraid of:

1. Snakes. I know. I know. I live in the country. Doesn't matter. I only like the ones behind glass at the zoo.
2. Scarecrows. Not funny. Do not laugh. Every Halloween the people down the blacktop set out their scarecrow by the road. I cannot look at it. It scares the shit out of me. I will get even some day.
3. Recently I have become afraid of answering the phone when it's the doctors office.
4. Losing people I love. I almost didn't include this because it's a given. duh. Isn't everyone?
5. Losing me. I like my personality. I don't want it to change either through physical illness or alzheimers.



List five things you are grateful for:

1. Where I live. I am surrounded by nature's beauty. I love living here.
2. My amazing friends and wonderful family.
3. My sense of humor and ability to get excited over stupid stuff.
4. My inner peace.
5. That my daughter has found someone who encourages the best in her. Truly, Luke, you complete her.



List five things that make up your personal philosophy:

1. Everything happens for a reason. Even if you have no clue what the hell that reason is...you have to have faith that there is one.
2. Everything works out the way it's supposed to in the end. Again...not your job to figure out how...just to believe it will.
3. Karma happens. Do nice things for others (without the need for thanks or approval) and you will have good things happen to you. Do mean things to other people and you're screwed.
4. There is a lesson in everything. It IS your job to figure out what that lesson might be. And whether you are supposed to learn the lesson or teach it by example.
5.It is better to love fully with all your heart and be open to loss then to live behind walls and never let anyone in. Without pain you wouldn't be able to appreciate it's absence.




Those are my deep thoughts for the day.
What are yours?


♥Gert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~