Saturday, July 18, 2009

Preaching to the choir!

I have been having problems with insurance companies since I got insurance it seems. It only gets worse when your children are prescribed something they take all the time. It's amazing to me what they won't cover. Asthma inhalers, singular, a little plastic thing that fits on the inhaler. It's called an AeroChamber and it was fifty-five dollars. I would think, as you do, that if a doctor says you need it then it should be covered. After all that's why we spend money every month for insurance. Some months we don't even go to the doctor, so we should definitely have some extra saved for the more expensive times. Also, it's not like even if it's covered we still don't have to pay. We pay for doctor visits and prescriptions. Granted it's less with insurance but we still shell out the green every time. I'd still rather have this system than socialized medicine, but there should be some reforms.
Speaking of doctor visits, I have one coming up on Monday. It is with my lady doctor and I am really not looking forward to it. After the reports I received from you and one of my friends on your last visits, I don't want to go at all. Thank goodness that technology has progressed and treatments, if not cures, have come so far.

Dreading it, Hildi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~