Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grow up.

So you thought your last blog was you disagreeing with me? That's odd because I thought it was a personal attack and severe mudslinging. And lets get this straight...you do not know me at all. Partly my fault, partly yours. I thought we were finally getting closer too that's probably why that attack took me by complete suprise.

I have a truckload of nasty things I could say too but I have learned to fight more fairly then that. And the text where you implied I was being childish...really? Because I refuse to retaliate in like manner? Hmm...I don't think so.

Nothing about this is a slap at your precious mother and father. My life is not governed by seeking their approval or trying to punish them. I know that's probably hard for you to understand. Do I love them. Of course. But whether they like or dislike my actions isn't really important to me anymore. If I didn't want to go on vacation with you all I wouldn't have spent three entire days online searching for the perfect vacation condo. But I'm sure that was just for me, since everything I do is to please myself. If I didn't want to go I wouldn't feel the need to make up a bogus excuse...I'd come right out and say it. Compromise would be fine...I even suggested it in the blog if you want to reread it...instead of only focusing on the parts that suit you. But I'm going to tell you right now that you need to take off those rose colored glasses girl and look at things realistically. Mom & Dad rarely compromise. If Dad was hoping for a compromise he wouldn't have called me with his "dictator" voice and warned me from the start that this phone call was going to be "unpleasant". We're no brady bunch, and even if we do manage to get this together and go on vacation together...it's not going to be all sunshine and smiles. It's going to be stressful, messy and more then likely there will be a few tears. Because that's how real life is. But in the end it's usually worth it.

So when you want to converse without the stone throwing and personal attacks...let me know.

Gert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~