Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some small things are huge!

Gert,
Yesterday morning started off with a small step for Prudence, an a huge heartache for me. She can now reach my bathroom light-switch all by herself. She waltzed right in to my bathroom and flipped it on to brush her teeth. Good hell! Nobody even said a thing about it until I screamed and told her what a big girl she is. Then, when everyone had stopped staring at the crazy mommy in the room, I teared up like a ninny! That was my little baby that did that. My last little baby. Nooooooo! There are so many things they do on a daily bases that we don't even catch. And all of these things are signs of their ever-increasing independence and growth.
The issues you and your family have been going through with Lulu have completely opened my eyes to my own daughters non-stop rise to adulthood. It is progressing much to fast and I can't stop it. Poop! Of course you think I'm silly because they're so little right now. I know we have a way to go yet before they leave us, but these are the child years we'll never have again. The innocent expressions, complete trust, and unconditional love will be gone before we know it.
The positive is that I'm aware of it. I love and revel in every little step that is taken. I feel every hug and kiss all the more. I truly see my blessings and couldn't be more grateful for them. A wise woman once passed on an equally wise quote to me. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." I have come to understand and value all of those moments, no matter how small they seem to others. And I know that no matter how big they get, there will always be moments like that with my babies. Their accomplishments, big or little, never cease to take my breath away. Every once in a while just looking at them will.


Love, and all the aches and pains that go with it! Hildi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your two cents worth~